REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
2019 Yoga Service Conference
May 3-5, 2019
The Omega Institute
Rhinebeck, New York
Please join us for the 8th Annual Yoga Service Conference, May 3-5, 2019, at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York. CLICK HERE for more information about the Conference schedule, tiered pricing, registration and accommodations.
The Yoga Service Conference is the country’s foremost conference focusing on the field of Yoga Service. The Conference brings people together from across the country who are leaders, practitioners, teachers, supporters or just interested in yoga service. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to benefit from this wonderful gathering. Social workers, health care providers, school teachers, counselors, therapists and others will find the resources, tools, inspiration, and support necessary to make yoga and mindfulness practices inclusive, effective, sustainable, and accessible to all.
May 3 – 5, 2019
Yoga Service Conference
Leading with the Heart: Cultivating Wisdom in Yoga Service
Without inner change there can be no outer change. Without collective change, no change matters. – Rev. Angel Kyodo Williams
As our world continues to fray and divide, it is more important than ever to co-create communities based in wisdom, compassion, and leadership through yoga service. Yoga service, the field dedicated to making yoga and mindfulness accessible to all, calls on all who ever benefited from yoga or mindfulness practices to be a leading part of this movement of sharing yoga’s teachings with diverse communities in need. The eighth annual Yoga Service Conference offers practical methods to maximize effectiveness, sustainability, and impact of those who already work in yoga service as well as individuals looking to start.
The conference provides opportunities to hear from voices in yoga service and related fields – voices widely known as well as those quietly doing the work of service every day. Inspiring conference presentations provide sustenance for our hearts so that we may serve from a place of compassion. Informative workshop sessions provide practical tools and opportunities to apply them so that we may constantly cultivate the wisdom relied upon by those we serve.
Co-presented by the Yoga Service Council and Omega Institute, this conference welcomes you regardless of your past experience. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to share yoga and mindfulness practices with your community and to radically improve lives, including your own. Social workers, health-care providers, school teachers, counselors, yoga enthusiasts, mindfulness practitioners, and many others will find the resources, inspiration, and support they need to reflect and build on their work and mission in the world.
Join us in working to become the leaders we wish to follow, the providers we would trust being served by, and the compassionate, awakened minds we wish to surround ourselves with.
Choose one of three optional Pre-Conference Intensives:
- The Intersection of Yoga Therapy and Yoga Service;
- Yoga Service for Beginners; or
- Building and Sustaining True Leadership.
Enjoy access to full conference offerings, including opportunities to:
- Learn about fundraising and fiscal health of yoga service organizations, including how to negotiate high-level contracts
- Find new resources and ideas for building and sustaining an effective volunteer team
- Experience the power of diverse healing practices
- Explore ways to adapt yoga to meet individual and community needs
- Learn practices to cultivate resilience and well-being
- Deepen your understanding of Universally Inclusive Yoga
- Address issues of cultural competency, inclusion, and safety
- Examine the intersection of yoga and social justice
- Learn from your peers or share your work through Common Interest Community Group gatherings
- Enjoy an optional Saturday evening community-building party to connect with other conference participants
- Join optional roundtable discussions with Advisors and Board members from the Yoga Service Council
- Choose from a variety of workshops designed to build capacity in specific practice areas and support personal reflection and growth
Together we will co-create the heartfelt inspiration and strong-minded determination we need to continue making a difference. You’ll leave the conference with a renewed sense of purpose as a member of a dynamic community working for individual and collective change. Join us!